Temporary roof covers play an important role in protecting your construction projects in different kinds of weather. Nowadays, a large number of options of temporary roof covers are available in the market. That’s why selecting the best temporary cover may seem a daunting task for you.
However, we have made it easy for you by listing a few kinds, advantages, disadvantages, and key factors. Read this blog to select the best temporary roof cover for your building construction projects.
Kinds Of Temporary Roof Cover
Kinds of your temporary roof cover may vary according to the manufacturer’s choice of material as well as quality.
However, some of the most common kinds of your temporary roof covers are listed as under :
- Corrugated Iron
- Keder Roof
- Shrink Wrap Sheeting
What Are They And How They Made
● Corrugated Iron
Corrugated iron is the traditional method to be used as temporary roof cover. This method is also known as Cl sheets or Tin sheets. Corrugated iron is still one of the most adopted methods for temporary roof cover in construction industries.
Once you erect your scaffolding systems properly, you need to lay the corrugated iron sheets over the roof. These sheets can be reused multiple times but their lifting mechanism can be very expensive.
Corrugated iron is also known as one of the least expensive methods to be used as temporary roofing.
- The corrugated iron temporary roofing system is highly reusable.
- The reusability property enhances the cost-effectiveness of this system.
- Corrugated iron roofing doesn’t allow light under the area where it is laid.
- Hence, you will have to make your own lighting system to ensure smooth working under such a roofing system.
- You have to take into consideration health as well as safety.
- You have to make large upfront investments in a corrugated iron sheeting system.
● Keder Roof
It is one of the most effective protection systems against extreme weather conditions. It is composed of two main parts; the keder PVC roof sheeting and the aluminum beam structure.
Keder helps you create an environment with a light working system. This system works through the process of connecting solid rail.
Keder roofing is another method used for the sake of temporary roofing. This process is used by a large number of manufacturers. Different famous brands suppliers prefer to supply Keder due to its high quality.
Keder roof gives you temporary safety against weather conditions. It is composed of aluminum beams with varying lengths. These aluminum beams are fitted up to a maximum span of 40 meters. The common lengths of aluminum beams are either 3 meters to 6 meters.
The exact structure and size of aluminum beams may vary according to the choice of manufacturers. Stiffening of trusses is done through single and double tie bars as well as diagonals having snap-on claws. Once the installation of beams is accomplished, the Keder roof sheets are pulled in the guide track at the ridge position.
- Keder sheets have a higher factor of reusability.
- It helps you create a light working environment.
- It is a cost-effective option due to its higher reusability.
- The Keder system is a bit more expensive.
- It is not as lightweight as a Shrinkwrap roofing system.
● Shrink Wrap Roofing
You need to plan on a basic level while dealing with shrink wrap roofing systems even if there is no need for initial considerations.
The scaffold boards need to be fixed properly on the surface of the roof. It will help to batten the shrink wrap. It will also require a handrail around the perimeter of the roof that helps to provide protection for an edge. It will facilitate you with anchoring safety lines to enhance the protection system.
You should also make sure that proper planning is done to avoid any losses due to bad weather. In this way, you will be able to achieve the best possible results through your shrink wrap temporary roofing.
- Tight seal
- Protects items from dust, dirt, and weather conditions.
- Softens in high temperatures
- Releases harmful odors on high temperatures
- Poor moisture-proof performance
Key Factors In Selection Decisions
There are a lot of factors to consider when making a selection decision for your temporary roofings. The choice of the right product may vary according to the situation and requirements since no product can be suitable for every application.
- For example, if you are dealing with some projects on a smaller scale, then shrink wrap is the most suitable one.
- Before selecting the right system, Make sure that it is supplied or manufactured with high-quality. Otherwise, buying a low-quality product will always make you feel at loss. You will be wasting your time as well as money.
- Corrugated iron roofs help you to deal with extreme weather conditions. It can be perfect roofing against high winds, hailstorms, and torrential rains. It can also help you to deal with heat as it is the most fire-resistant roofing.
- Keder also plays an important role as the best roofing material as compared to the other two kinds.
Firstly, It is a high-quality transparent roofing system with the ability to withstand extreme weather conditions.
Secondly, its flexible roofing area can help you to increase or decrease the protection area. It can also open the area of your craning materials through the mobile structured roofing system.
- You should prefer shrink wrap roofing if you want something capable of removing fast after project completion.
- You should consult a high-quality supplier or manufacturer about your requirements. The best supplier can help you select the best kind of temporary roofing system according to your requirements.
To make your construction projects easy and resistant to bad weather, temporary roofing systems are preferred. Selecting the right temporary system requires a lot of effort. It may take your time since you want something with the high-quality and the best output.
You should be well aware of your project requirements to get the best possible temporary roofing system. Corrugated iron system, Keder system, and shrink wrap system are the most commonly used systems nowadays.
You can select any of these systems based on their advantages and disadvantages. You should keep in mind your demands related to choosing the best temporary roofing system.
If you have any queries related to choosing the best temporary roofing system, you can consult our suppliers through our website. We provide our customers with the best services 24/7 to help them get the best products.