Dropped object hazards
Construction sites pose unique risks when workers work at height. Working at heights is not just about protecting workers from falling hazards.
In addition, falling objects in the workplace can injure workers and others, as well as cause equipment damage, and lead to tool loss.
In some cases, even a hard hat cannot protect from direct impacts caused by dropped tools and objects depending on their weight and shape.In most instances, people do not consider this hazard until they have experienced a near miss or an injury that serves as a vivid reminder.
Specific performance of the hazards of falling objects
- The speed of 43.8 miles per hour will result in the solid object hitting the ground in 2 seconds when dropped from 64 feet.
- With a speed of 65.8 mph, the same object will strike the ground in 3 seconds when dropped from 106 feet.
- Hardhats are susceptible to penetration if a 2-ounce pen is dropped from 230 feet above the ground.
DIFFERENT falling prOTECTION soltions:
Falling objects are also protected under the OSHA fall protection rule. You are entitled to protection from falling objects if your employer takes the necessary steps. Employees working or walking below must be protected with an additional method. Hard hats alone are not enough, so passive protection and active protection can better prevent injuries from falling objects.
PASSIVE PROTECTION SYSTEMs
The edge protection system in the picture above has a toeboard to prevent objects from falling. The guardrail system is used with the fall protection net or safety fan to avoid the fall of debris and tools better.
active PROTECTION SYSTEMs
This harness has high safety performance and colour variety. The length also can be adjustable according to the user’s height.
- Lightweight, quality safety lanyard provides efficient energy absorption.
- Bright webbing colours are visible.
- Adjustable primary straps.
A fall arrest safety lifeline is a component of a personal fall protection system that arrests a free fall and limits the impact force on the body of the user or goods during fall arrest.
explore more about our falling arrest products
the installation of safety net fan
Manufacturing a safety net
There are many sizes and designs of fall protection nets and safety fans that can be used to capture both people and materials. In a roof girder construction, for example, a rope or claw is used to attach the rope. Working at height is more efficient with the fall protection nets or safety fans because it offers flexibility and safety.
why choose APAC
- With ten years of experience in the EPS industry, we have a wide range of project knowledge.
- For clients who don’t know exactly what they need, we provide ODM. Simply send us your requirements, and we will customize the product for you.
- Answer your questions online 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Payment terms are flexible.
- You will be informed about logistics in a timely manner.
- Provide assistance in procuring promotional materials.